EDS is searching for an Automation Controls Specialist for our client’s Engineering group in Greenville, SC. This position will join one of the industry leaders in Process Safety and will support major projects throughout the country, serving as project Technical Lead while developing and configuring controller platforms to integrate solutions for electrical control system requirements. This person will also develop the design of system hardware solutions, develop software code to configure controller and HMI solutions, and will support equipment installation, startup, and troubleshooting. This role will have direct interaction with clients. Additionally, the person in this role may be trained to provide as-needed support for our Industrial Cybersecurity business.
Experience with one or more of the following platforms is required: Rockwell, Siemens, Triconex, ABB or Delta V. Experience with Safety System a plus.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Electrical, Chemical, or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable technical degree, plus at least 3 years’ experience, or
- 10+ years of documented relevant industrial automation experience
- Proficient with at least one software configuration tool (Rockwell, Siemens, Triconex, Delta-V, etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Office software
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time. Valid driver’s license required
- In addition, we expect the following in all our employees:
- A passion for making our clients, our worksites, and our world a safer place
- The ability to work well in both team-based and independent situations
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with a knack for thinking creatively