Location: Charleston, SC and/or Beaufort, SC
Company: Telecommunications Company based out of Columbia, SC
Type: Temporary to permanent (6 month contract)
- May train other Telecommunications Technicians.
- Fluke DSX 5000 fiber tester experience required for senior level position (will be tested on this before hired)
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs telecommunications equipment and data/voice cabling including computer and telephone lines, Voice over IP (VoIP) equipment, cabling for fiber optic and cable TV, Ethernet switches, and battery packs;
- Installs, programs, and moves telephones.
- Serves as a lead to other Telecommunications Technicians.
- Directs the daily workflow of the ACCNet Telecommunications Technician workgroups.
- Monitors work orders and trouble tickets. Dispatches Telecommunications Technicians and clears trouble tickets.
- Responds to Help Desk, Information Technology and/or supervisor requests;
- Repairs or resolves telecommunications problems; services telecommunications equipment both on and off campus.
- Orders parts and controls inventory for the telecommunications area.
- Documents and maintains all Telecom closets and equipment rooms including labeling telephone, computer or cabling equipment, and cleaning and securing all closets/rooms.
- Works with vendors to identify issues and determine proper resolution.
- Provides assistance to the Telecommunications Manager, as needed.
- May conduct site visits on behalf of the Telecommunications Manager to inspect work of other technicians.
- Maintain OSHA, Environmental, Health and Safety Logs.